OPENING AND CLOSING HOURS FOR UBS LIBRARY
MONDAY-FRIDAY: 8:00 a.m-4:30 p.m
Sundays, Public and Synod Holidays closed
- Library is a place strictly meant for reading with a serious purpose. Hence, low voices must be maintained in and around the Library.
- Library will remain open between 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on all working days (Mondays to Fridays). However, Textbooks will be issued between 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. On Saturdays will open up to 12:00 noon, Sundays and Public Holidays, the library will remain closed.
- Members will be allowed to borrow books only on production of their Identity Cards.
- Each library member will be issued with two User Pockets on a purely personal basis. Such Pockets are not transferable. Loss of such pockets to be reported to the Librarian without any delay.
- No library member can make use of someone else’s User Pocket while borrowing any book. Any violation in this regard will lead to the cancellation of the Library User Pockets of both the members, namely, the owner of the Pocket as well as the one who attempts to borrow the book.
- Loan privileges and period: academic staff may borrow 6 books for 14 days, students may borrow 4 books for 7 days.
- All library materials should be returned/ renewed before the end of loan period. Failure to return the books on time will attract a fine of MK300 per each day of default on books of long loan and MK150 per hour on books of short loan
- Reference books are purely meant for use within the Library. Under no circumstanced are they to be borrowed out of the library.
- Tearing or removal of any part of a library textbook, journals and magazines will be viewed as a serious punishable offence.
- Damaged or lost library information materials may be replaced or paid as determined by the Librarian.
- Smoking, eating, chewing, drinking and chatting is NOT permitted in the library.
- Students found in possession of unauthorized or stolen library materials shall be prevented from using the library until a disciplinary hearing take place.
- Mobile phones must be switched OFF in the library.